Tuesday, November 19, 2013

How it began

I was sitting at my laptop writing a story not fit for young eyes, when my 9 year old daughter looked at me and asked, "Mom, when will you write something I can read?"  At that moment an idea popped into my overactive imagination and a story began to brew.  I know what you're thinking, not another story about a Vampire and Witch, but it seems that is what my daughter and her friends are in to.  Well, since I (as well as my husband) have over and over expressed to our daughter the joys of reading for pleasure (still a work in progress), I thought that if I wrote a story with characters she would like and a story she would love, it would encourage her to want to read and choose a book over a computer game.

As I began to plot out my story, I realized to keep their young attention, I need to split my story into 3 books and keep the chapters short.  The one thing my daughter complains about more than anything, is how long chapters are in some of the books she reads. 

My goal is to do something I really love, writing, and inspire kids nowadays to read (like I did when I was their age) and even write their own story.  Each day as I write more and more of my story, I am flooded with excitement.  I love to write!  I can't wait to finish book 1 and start working on book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment